From the Yahoo! F2E Summit (our internal developer conference) earlier this year, YUI engineer Dav Glass (@davglass) explores how to use YUI on Node.js to build server-side projects, including scripts, crontabs, daemons, etc.
Other Recent YUI Theater Videos:
- Satyen Desai: ‘A Phone, a Tablet and a Laptop Walk into a Bar…’ — YUI’s Approach to Mobile Web Development — Satyen Desai, creator of the YUI 3 component and widget subsystems, discusses YUI’s approach to supporting the new set of web enabled devices on the market today, and how we’d like to think of them in terms of features and constraints as opposed to an isolated problem space.
- Luke Smith: YUI 3: Below the Surface — Luke Smith, a YUI team engineer, delivers one of the most highly rated talks at YUIConf 2010, looking inside some of the core patterns and infrastructure pieces that lie at the heart of YUI 3.
- Ryan Grove: Introducing YUI 3 AutoComplete — In this talk from YUIConf 2010, YUI 3 AutoComplete author Ryan Grove takes you on a whirlwind tour of some of the many autocomplete patterns made possible by this component and provides a deep dive into its powerful new YQL integration, filtering, and highlighting capabilities.
- Paul Donnelly and Nagesh Susarla: YQL + YUI: Building End-to-End Applications — When developing widgets, it’s not how to use YQL data that comes up as a question, but rather how to access it. In this YUIConf 2010 session, YQL engineers Paul Donnelly and Nagesh Susarla review starting your query out in the YQL console, accessing YQL data via the various endpoints, and going through YQL’s various authentication layers.
- Eric Ferraiuolo: TipTheWeb.org: Heavy Duty YUI 3 & YQL — In this session from YUIConf 2010, TipTheWeb cofounder and YUI contributor Eric Ferraiuolo discusses the creation of a project-scale codebase using YUI 3, YUI 3 Gallery, and YQL.