Welcome to YUI Weekly, the weekly roundup of news and announcements from the YUI team and community. If you have any interesting demos or links you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below.
Hey y’all! Well, it’s been a week and I’m still recovering from the awesomeness of YUIConf 2013. Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to the conference. For those that couldn’t, you’ll soon be able to watch recordings of all the talks on our YouTube channel, but you missed out on a lot of fun. We’ll be releasing videos of all the talks shortly.
And with that, let’s catch up on everything that’s been happening in the world of YUI and JS this week!
- Today marks code freeze for Sprint 11. We’ll be debugging and testing off a release branch next week, and expect to have a fresh new YUI 3 release out the door on November 25th.
- At Open Roundtable this week, Eduardo Lundgren and Zeno Rocha discussed many features of their AlloyUI library as well as some of the architecture decisions behind some of the modules, with lots of source code insights. Following that, Clarence and Juan from the team discussed YUIConf 2013. Remember that you can join our Open Roundtable by signing up for a talk on the YUI 3 Wiki. It happens every Wednesday from 2-4pm PST.
- The Gallery build was delayed this week due to technical difficulties. Feel free to comment on this YUI Contrib post if you have any questions. This doesn’t affect any Gallery modules that are already on the CDN.
- If you were at YUIConf and saw Eric’s talk on YUI & The Future, you know that we’ve been thinking a lot about how YUI and ES6 modules can work together. Work on that has already started, and we just merged our first PR related to ES6 Modules. Exciting times ahead.
- We uncovered a SWF vulnerability in YUI 2. This does not affect YUI 3. Visit this YUI Contrib post for more details.
Links of the Week
Comments are closed.