A robust loading strategy is one of the most important elements of optimization for high traffic websites. YUI 3′s Loader is both powerful and elegant, and learning how to leverage it is a must for YUI developers. In this YUIConf 2010 session, Yahoo! frontend engineer and YUI contributor Caridy Patiño Mayea (@caridy) provides a technical overview of loading strategies employed on Yahoo! Search.
If the video embed below doesn’t show up correctly in your RSS reader, be sure to click through to watch the high-resolution version of the video on YUI Theater.
Other Recent YUI Theater Videos:
- Christian Heilmann: Using (Not Abusing) YQL for Caching, Filtering and Collating Data — Christian Heilmann describes how to use YQL sensibly to create robust, innovative applications with immediate scalability.
- Dav Glass: Node.js + YUI 3 — YUI developer Dav Glass introduces the work he’s done to bring YUI 3′s power to Node.js implementers.
- Allen Rabinovich: The Many Hats of the Frontend Engineers — In one of the most creative presentations at YUIConf 2010, YUI developer Allen Rabinovich reflects on the many different roles played by frontend engineers as part of their natural generative process.
- Dan Hunt: Building the Next Generation of Yahoo! Mail with YUI 3 — Yahoo! Mail frontend engineer Dan Hunt describes the creation of the newest version of Yahoo! Mail, rewritten from the ground up using YUI 3.
- Nate Cavanaugh and Eduardo Lundgren: A Whirlwind Tour of AlloyUI Components in the YUI 3 Gallery — Liferay engineers Nate Cavanaugh and Eduardo Lundgren talk about the dozens of high-quality, YUI 3-based components contributed by their AlloyUI project to the YUI 3 Gallery.